Friday, March 27, 2009

ahh, Springville

The following are signs that Springville, Utah is a boring place to live:
1. I am planning to drive an hour to Salt Lake City next Friday night to go to shabbat services because it is something to do, there will be (normal) people there, and drinking is not considered a grievous sin.
2. I read the Provo area classified craigslist adds, delighting in the multitude of ones that read “I am bored, let’s make out” (and that’s just the tip of the iceberg, for an interesting look at local culture, see the M4M section…)
3. Sneaking into a LDS church sounded like fun
4. I thought about responding to some of those craigslist adds
5. I get bored studying for the GRE, try to procrastinate but can’t find anything more enthralling then studying for the GRE
6. I watched figure skating on TV
7. I look forward to going back to work on Monday.

I am sure once I make friends and it gets warm enough to be outside comfortably, living in Springville, Utah will become more appealing. But for now, thank goodness work is really awesome… because Springville sure isn’t.

And, stay tuned for future episodes featuring: polygamist pizza, fish handling techniques, gas station romance, and carp genetics.

No comments: