Friday, February 9, 2007

Made it to Costa Rica

I have arrived in Costa Rica! Our first day was quite an adventure. I have been in the country less then 24 hours and already I have had an orientation lecture, toured a history museum, visited a center for producing snake antivenom, and survived being dropped off at El Mercado Central with the assignment of buying an assigned fruit and learning its natural history and cultural importance.... in spanish.
The best part of the day... a toss up between learning how to make chile relleno from a shoe sales person (my fruit was a chile, and we were loking for rubber boots)and watching incredibly poisonous snakes be milked for there venom (yep, thats a Fer-de-lance!)

Right, so there are about 6 people who really want to use the internet and are hovering behind me.... so, now might be an excellent time to relinquish the ethernet cord. alas.

5 comments:

Emma said...

Oooh how exciting! I cant believe you're already there; it seemed like you were to be in CA for ages after I left and I feel Ive only been in København a minute. Sounds just like my first day, in all the craziness and motion but not in the actual genre of activities. Good luck!

Remember to read my blog too (I am a shameless promoter):
emmasindenmark.blogspot.com

Philip Kahn said...

Sweet! Hope you're having fun! I'm living off computer mooching and gmail from my phone o_0.

Abe and the crazy folks from the Mansion say Hi!

[Whee, 130 AM german for an 8am test tomorrow because I don't have a computer and gotta wait...]

Emma said...

sara, my mom is trying to comment on your blog. she made a username and password but she forgets it daily. there's an option somewhere in the preferences to allow posting from anonymous people. you should select that option cause she wants to say hi.

Emma

Laura w. said...

HEY sara!! ahh it sounds like your having so much fun. It need to keep posting more blogs. i like hearing about all your crazy adventures. Be careful though, dont get eaten by any snakes or crazy salamanders.
best wishes and much love,
Laura

alexwe said...

Hi Sara,

I hope you are having a great time. Keep adding onto your blog as much as possible. We want to see and hear whats going on....Dad