Tuesday, May 26, 2009

This past weekend I went to Great Basin National Park, in Nevada, to participate in mountain kingsnake surveys. Below are pictures of some of the scaly critters we found. The red, black, and white striped one would be the kingsnake.


The view from the campsite. The wildflowers are very impressive right now.


Desert Horned Lizard


Mountain Kingsnake


Gopher Snake

Work is going well. We have switched from hunting spotted frogs to searching for the slightly cuter Boreal Toads. Look at that cute little toad face...


Other noteworthy tidbits…
I took the Biology GRE in April and have signed up for the General GRE in July, so it looks like I really will be applying to grad school this fall.
My vegetable garden is actually growing, and I am immensely proud of it.
I went trilobite hunting this weekend. I got to bash open slate and find nifty fossils inside. There is something remarkably satisfying about creating large piles of rubble.

No comments: